Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Sprink Break Part 1

The weekend of April 1st we finally decided to move the girls into their room downstairs even though we're not done with the trim. We figure we'll just do the trim later all at once because we want to get going on the upstairs as soon as possible. Of course the girls were super excited and love their room!

They have an automatic wall shelf because of the concrete wall that sticks out. That's where they put their stuffed animals that aren't on their bed. I guess I can get rid of their old stuffed animal net now, yay!

I decided to use Nikki's old closet organizer for the girls until we can get something better but it works well for now. This is one half of the closet.

This is the other half of the closet. It's pretty big.

We also decided to move boxes and office stuff that was in our front room and dining room to the family room downstairs. It looks so much better upstairs now!

It gets so dark in the front room. Eventually I'd like to get some better lamps that will light it up more.

I can't wait to be able to decorate but that will have to wait until we repaint this room.

We still have one box of china dishes in the corner by the door but I wasn't sure where to put them right now. There used to be a folding table set up as a desk and a bunch of boxes lined up on the wall next to it behind the recliner.

Ah, our front room was all nice and clean right before the kids and I started their spring break by driving to Nampa again on Monday the 3rd. We decided it would be best to stay with my grandma again since she has the space and she wants us to. I also didn't want my mother in law to worry about cleaning up her house for us since she's busy being relief society president. We did however make plans to eat dinner with them right after we rolled into town. It was nice. They cooked up some hamburgers (and a few hotdogs for the girls) and had some air fried fries, potato salad and grapes for dinner. Then Gaya, Jack and I played a dice game called Farkle. We didn't stay too long because Garrett had a heart doctor appointment the next morning and we needed to get to bed at a decent time.

Garrett's appointment went well, as usual. He saw a different doctor this time, Dr. Mack, who is Asian and he was super nice. He did mention the idea of doing some different testing to make sure everything is working well since it's more difficult to see things on the ultrasound of his heart the older Garrett gets. He recommended some blood tests and also a liver ultrasound, which is a fairly new thing so not many people do it. He printed out the lab order so that we could do the blood test any time in the next year when we're in Kennewick and they will just send the results to them. Or we could do it when we come to Nampa again. 

The next couple of days was pretty laid back. Garrett wasn't able to connect with any friends this time so he was bummed about that but Jack was able to connect with Porter this time, his best friend. In fact, they hung out twice. The girls also got to see their old neighbor friends on Wednesday. We brought them over to Grandma's house and they played and ate dinner with us. Mom and Dad also came over on Tuesday evening to eat pizza with us and then we played some games. Tamara came for a little while also but had to drop off a couple of her kids and leave for a bit to go take pictures at her relief society activity since she is the ward historian. So we played some Mexican Train after she got back. The next night Mom and Dad came again when the girls' friends and Porter were over and we played the card game Golf. Jack and Porter went and saw the new Super Mario movie on Wednesday right after Porter got out of school. They came home to eat with us and then I drove them to mutual at 37th ward. I'm so glad they had so much time to hang out this time. Porter was out of town the first time we came. 

In between all of those activities I was busy helping Grandma put together the 750 piece puzzle we started on our first trip. My friend Whitney even came over a couple of times and helped on it also. I didn't get to see her the first trip so it was nice to hang out with her again. She has recently started teaching painting classes at a place in Payette that her friend owns. She had her biggest class ever of 20 students on Wednesday. She was quite nervous because she doesn't do well with crowds and also suffers from bipolar but can't afford medications to help with it but she said it went well. That morning she had come over before her class and brought two paintings of flowers, one for me and one for Grandma. I did not do well at taking pictures this trip so I didn't get a picture of it but will get one later for sure.  Whitney dropped by again after her class and helped me finish the puzzle. 

  

The finished puzzle.

Jack hanging out and as usual, drinking a soda.

This was taken before Whitney came to help finish it. I wish I would have gotten a picture with her also. Next time!

Garrett hanging out, watching a movie.

The girls with their friends, Brooklyn and Bryston. He was shaking his head and standing away because I told them to put their arms around each other like what the girls are doing. 

It was a good trip and a great way to spend the first half of their spring break. We headed back home Thursday morning after cleaning the bed sheets and remaking the beds and doing a little extra cleaning as well (vacuuming) while Grandma went to the temple with Mom and Dad. The weather was scary when we drove down on Monday because there was snow and fog in the mountains. I even pulled over in Pendleton to ask the guy at the gas station if the road was open and clear. By the time we had gone through it had been plowed and it was open. It was scary but we made it safe. On the way back home, most everything had dried up and we had sunshine. The only scary thing that happened on the way home was almost getting run off the road by a semi truck. I had to quickly get away from him and all of the other semi trucks around. We made it home by about 3pm and had to get going on laundry so that we could pack up and travel again the next day, this time up to Northern Idaho for the Easter weekend!

1 comment:

Laverne said...

I didn't hear about the almost accident on the way home!!! Glad you are a good driver and were able to get out of his way!! The house is looking wonderful!! The little girls are thrilled to be in their room I'm sure!!