Thursday, December 28, 2023

Christmas Day

Curtis made waffles for breakfast for everyone while we cleaned up and started enjoying the new gifts. I had gotten a new egg bite maker and so I tested it out. It was good except I think I put too many onions in it. I was just trying to use up the green onions. After breakfast, everyone went off and did their own things for awhile. Curtis got to work on getting the ham smoked. 

My egg bite maker has two sizes of pans. I can make one big one, which holds 2 large eggs, or 4 bite size ones with hold about 1/2 an egg each.

The girls had fun with the silly string but it was a bit messy and not as easy to clean up as we thought. Thankfully they did it in the basement and we were able to clean it all up. Some spots looked like they might stain.

Jack and Curtis working on building his new wooden puzzle, a ballista. 

He can actually shoot arrows with it and it has a little guy you can aim at, a Viking.

We all sat down to eat dinner around 5:00pm where we had smoked ham, mashed potatoes, green beans with bacon, stuffing, and either 7UP or sparkling cider to drink. I finally got to use my China dishes. I got them years ago from Michelle and her mom. They had been boxed up for months but I finally got them put into our hutch and then remembered to use them on Christmas day. They aren't complete sets but we had what we needed.





After dinner, the girls, Curtis and I went for a walk over to the school so they could ride the scooter. Curtis walked Milo and did some training and playing with him at the school. I even got a little ride on the scooter just so I could try it out. Don't worry, I am under the weight limit.





Later I played Ticket to Ride with Nikki, Cyrus, Jack and Curtis while the other kids played video games. We all had a good time and as I bonus, I won with a score of 119! I never win that game so I was pretty happy. We also played Throw Throw Burrito, which was a lot of fun too.


I was the yellow trains. Nikki was red, Cyrus was blue, Jack was black, and Curtis was green.

Milo got comfy under the Christmas tree while we were playing games.

He needed somewhere comfy to sleep and his bed was still downstairs. So cute!

A little while later, the boys put on the Robin Hood Prince of Thieves movie and I got going on a puzzle. I had actually started this puzzle while we were playing games. It was on a separate fold up table and I would go back and forth between the train game and the puzzle while waiting for my turn. I forgot to get a picture of the puzzle. I got most of it done that night and finished it the next morning. One piece ended up missing and I'm almost sure Milo might have eaten it off the floor because there was one piece found on the floor early on. There could have been another. I had just opened that puzzle also. Once again we didn't get to bed until around 1am because the movie didn't get started until after 10pm. 

Nikki was going to go home the next morning but she and Cyrus decided that they would leave Christmas night so they could drive in less traffic. She prefers driving at night. They decided to go another route though to avoid Snoqualmie Pass because it was calling for snow by the time they would be driving on it. They made it home safely. We were very glad to have both of them here. Cyrus is a very nice friend. It was a very good Christmas!

No comments: