Thursday, December 28, 2023

Christmas Morning

Curtis told the kids the day before Christmas that no one was allowed to come wake us up in the morning. They would know when to get up when we got up ourselves and that we didn't want anyone to even leave their rooms unless they needed to use the bathroom. Jack ended up sleeping on the couch by the tree so he was off the hook for that rule. I got up at 7:30 and got dressed before going out to see the kids. They had come upstairs by then because I had said I didn't want to hear them unless it was after 7:00am. I went in to wake up Curtis a little bit later. By the time Nikki and Cyrus came up, it was close to 8:30 and the kids were being very patient. We had Milo open his two gifts from Charlotte first so that he could play with his new toys while we did our gift opening. He loved his new toys. We brought his kennel over where he could still see us and put him in there with his toys. We started with everyone digging into their stockings at the same time. Then the rest of the gifts were handed out and then we started opening them one by one going youngest to oldest. Curtis cooked up some waffles for breakfast after we finished with gift opening. 

He got a spiky bone and a spiky ball toy. The bone had a squeaker in it but by the end of the day Milo had punctured it and it didn't squeak anymore.

He looked so cute in there with his toys.


Besides candy and peanuts, he got a Reese's mug with a cake mix in it and a mind puzzle.

Nikki got some tools after Curtis found out she didn't have pliers.

Alice got hair bows, silly string (because she wanted it), and an I Spy card game.

Jack got a razor and shaving cream and the card game Skipbo. Time to teach him how to shave those whiskers he's getting.

Charlotte got a Pokémon ornament, Charades game, and a yellow bath scrubby (she wanted a yellow one, her new favorite color). Everyone also got their own chapstick.

I got a phone holder to put in my van and The Sound of Freedom movie. I had never seen it before but heard by many how good it was. 

Curtis got a hand tool and the card game Rook. I failed to get a picture of him though. Here are lots of pictures of opening gifts.

Alice got a Bluey videogame from Santa. 

Nikki gave Jack some fun soda socks.

Getting some new clothes to wear. We wanted Charlotte to have some nice clothes because she's always wearing t-shirts with pictures and words. Thankfully she likes her new clothes!

Nikki asked the girls months ago about what type of animal they would like her to make for them. Alice got a horse and Charlotte got a dog. Alice's was supposed to be an alicorn but Nikki ran out of white felt and I didn't have any. She had finished making it while she was here. Alice still loves it and Nikki did a great job making them!

Curtis got me some new wall decorations.

Curtis with his cologne. He purposefully closed his eyes, ha ha.


A new bike helmet with alicorns on it.

The boys wanted robes this year, especially Garrett. He was disappointed to not open it the night before with his pajamas but was excited that he still got one on Christmas day.

I got one for the girls also.

Curtis opened the gift from Dad and Laverne. New kitchen towels are always good to get. Although, a couple of them say Ho Ho Ho on them. I should have opened them earlier to use throughout December. Oh well!

Alice and her new alicorn toy that Charlotte and I picked out.


Nikki got a t-shirt with a cat on it that says "Nope. Not today."

I got Curtis a couple of new shirts and a sweater.

Alice in her new robe.

Garrett wanted a Camp Half-Blood t-shirt because he loves the Percy Jackson books. He's also super excited to watch the new series on Disney Plus. They are making it a series and have 3 episodes out now. So far we like them much better than the original movie.

Just a fun t-shirt.

Garrett's Santa gift was a Zelda guide book. He loves it!

Just when we thought we were done with gifts. Charlotte had one more waiting in the garage from Santa. It is a moped scooter that she really wanted. 

Charlotte with her gifts.

Alice with her gifts.

Wearing a new outfit, including the boots. She likes it and both the girls says she looks like DJ from Full House.

Alice in her new outfit. She says she looks like Stephanie from Full House. 

Jack with his gifts including a bagpipe practice chanter and book so he can learn how to play the bagpipes.

Wearing his new Hawaiian shirt.

Garrett with his loot. 


Getting ready for her first ride.

She was very careful to wait until no cars were coming and then drove over to the school parking lot to ride around. She's one happy girl!

I will have to break this post up into two since there are so many pictures I want to share. I'll end this one for now and put more in the next.

No comments: