Thursday, December 28, 2023

Two Days After

The day after Christmas, Jack had a couple of friends come over to play games and Curtis went out to the garage to finish moving things around. He really wanted to be able to park the van in the garage and by the end of the day, he was able to do it! Yay! I haven't parked in the garage in about a year. I was also anxious to get a shelf for the game closet in Jack's room, so I finally went down to Walmart while Curtis worked in the garage and bought two 3 foot shelves to put side by side in the closet. It's so much better!

I wish I would have gotten a picture when he started this project earlier this month. It looks way different and so much better. He bought 4 new shelves to put things on.

The van is inside!

We need to figure out what we're going to do with the roll of carpet.


Our old fridge bit the dust so we moved this cabinet into it's spot. Not sure where we'll put it if we get a new fridge. Eventually we'd like a shed to put out mowers and other yard tools in, but this will do for now.

The game closet before shot. I took the closet doors off so it would be easier to work in.

And the after shot!

One of the other things we did that day was hanging up the two wall decorations that Curtis bought.

This is by our front door.

And in our living room. It says "gather".

Charlotte had a hard time sleeping that night because her gums were hurting her, and she had a headache. I had told her to floss to see if she had food stuck somewhere. She flossed but wasn't sure she got anything out other than some blood. By 6 am I told her she could watch TV quietly. We watched the 3rd episode of Percy Jackson together since it just released that morning. I went and laid in my bed after that while she watched the 2nd Percy Jackson movie. A little while later, I got up again because I had to let Milo out to go potty and feed him. Then I took a nap on the couch while the boys took a load to the dump and also dropped off our old fridge. We had that fridge since we got married, so it lasted over 20 years. 

Later that afternoon, Charlotte conked out on the couch from being so tired. Sage joined her. She slept for several hours. We finally woke her up so that we could all go do something as a family outside of the house since Curtis will be going back to work the next day. We started by driving over to Costco and buying some food items and then eating dinner at the food court. Hot dogs and pizza. We decided on the way home that we should go to the movie theater. The two movies that we were most interested in were Wonka and Migration. Originally Jack wanted to see Migration more than Wonka but changed his mind after watching the trailers. The girls wanted Migration because it was an animated movie but the rest of us chose Wonka, so that's what we watched. It was a good movie! They even made it into a musical like the original Willy Wonka. This movie was about how Willy Wonka got started in chocolate making and creating his factory. The girls will just have to watch Migration another time.




Comfy reclining chairs with cup holders and table. This is a great way to go see a movie! We just don't do it often because it's so expensive now.

The theater gave us plastic share bags and a small cup to scoop out popcorn from our bucket to the bags to make it easier to share popcorn. I had never seen that before so that was pretty cool. They only allowed us to refill our bucket once though.

It was a fun night with the kids and I'm glad we got out. Curtis is back to work today, so the kids and I are just hanging out at home. It was a great opportunity for me to catch up on blogging. Now that I'm done with that, I think I'll go cook some eggs in my egg bite maker. 

1 comment:

Laverne said...

WOW!! That's awesome to be able to park in the garage again!! I hope Charlotte is feeling better. I love the movie theater tables! That's cool! Great post and I love the new signs you got!