Thursday, February 15, 2024

Jack's 15th Birthday

We celebrated Jack's birthday on Sunday the 4th of February. His birthday was the next day but because Garrett had a thing to go to we decided to celebrate it on Sunday. He actually wanted a cake for the family celebration. He and Curtis went to the store the night before and picked one out. Jack picked chocolate.




Jack was laughing because the box he's holding is a prank gift box. It says the gift is a Nap Sack, a sack you can put over your head and take a nap anywhere, even at church. 😂 The real gift inside was a new hat.

The girls picked out this Squishmallow dragon for him.

Here's his haul from us this year. Two games, the complete MASH series on dvd, mint Oreos, exercise equipment, the Squishmallow, a hat, and a bag he wanted.

Here's the prank box and Jack finally gave Curtis back his hat since he got a new one for himself.

Now they are hat twins!

Alice wrote this note and put it on the fridge about being excited to celebrate Jack's birthday. I thought it was so cute.

Jack's friend, Caleb, shares a birthday with Jack and so his mom and I got together to plan a double birthday party with friends since they basically have the same friend group. At first, we thought of going to a trampoline place but that was way too expensive. And we thought about bowling, but we ultimately just decided to have the party at our house. I was fine with hosting since Caleb's house is kind of small.  We were going to do it on Saturday the 2nd but it turned out that he had a band thing in the middle of the day. Jack had the bright idea to have the party right after school the following Wednesday (the 7th) because it's early release and they get out at 10:30am. We just had the party right after school and most of them walked to our house from school. There were 12 kids there including the birthday boys and Jack was happy that his little sisters were at school during most of the party, so as not to disturb him. 

They started by playing "Secret Hitler", a board game that we learned at Jeanie's over Thanksgiving and he loved it so much that he asked for it for his birthday. That was one of the games he got on Sunday.


Two of the boys sat out and waited their turn.

Food break! Pizza, chips, fruit, veggies and soda.


Caleb wanted pie and Jack wanted a donut. He didn't know it was going to be gigantic though. It was a fun surprise. Caleb's mom, Charlene, told me about this bakery in Pasco that makes big donuts, so I drove over there that morning to get one. They happened to have exactly the flavor he wanted also, chocolate with sprinkles.

I've never seen such a big donut!

Getting ready to sing to the boys.

Light em up, up, up! (I played that song while they did this, ha ha)


He has a good group of friends. They went outside toward the end and ran around playing games out there. Then I asked them to get a group photo.

Silly picture!



He's turning into a handsome young man.


1 comment:

Laverne said...

I loved Alice's note!! Too cute! I told Jack Sunday, I liked his hat! It's sharp! Looks good on both him and his dad. His party looked like a HYGE success. Can't believe he's 15!!