Monday, July 29, 2024

Another Trip to Nampa

Garrett had an orthodontist appointment on Friday, the 12th, so that's why we went to Nampa with Monica and Seth. We stayed at my grandma's house again because it's just easier to do it that way. She has lots of extra space for us. 

Friday morning, Curtis got a ride to work with Nathan and I took Garrett to his appointment. He ended up having one broken bracket on the bottom, so they had to fix that. His teeth are looking good and it shouldn't be long before he gets them off. His next appointment is in August. While we were gone, Jack and Grandma got started on a puzzle. I would have jumped in to help too when I got back but I was busy with getting the girls ready to take to the Wallace's to swim and play, plus I know Jack said he likes to do puzzles with GRANDMA. I figured I would let him have it just be the two of them this time. They finished it in a few hours. BUT, I did watch the original Jumanji movie with the girls and Garrett before taking the girls over to swim. They loved that movie.


Curtis is good at photo bombing, ha ha. 

The girls having fun with their friend, Sydney.

Garrett watching a movie after his appointment.

I visited with my friend Ashlie for a bit but then left the girls to play and came back to Grandma's. Jack and Grandma had finished their puzzle, so I decided to get one out for me and Grandma to do. This puzzle was the one that Jack had spilled soda on last year and some of the pieces came apart when they cleaned it up. We would have finished this puzzle earlier, but it took me awhile to figure out which pieces needed to be glued back together and then glueing them. I used a Q-tip and dipped it in Elmer's glue and wiped it on there. Then pressed them down under books. Because of the drying process, we didn't finish the puzzle until the next morning. There was only one piece that didn't have all of the layers, so it was flatter than the rest, but I was glad I was able to fix all of the other ones.


Dad, Laverne, and Joyce came over and brought pizza in the late afternoon. The girls were still gone but Jack had brought Porter over. After pizza, the adults played Golf while the boys did video games. Dad, Mom and Joyce had to leave and I had to go pick up Curtis from work in Meridian. When we got back, we just watched a movie. I can't remember which one. This is why I shouldn't wait so long to do my blog. I forget things!

Anyway, Curtis made arrangements to go float the Boise river on Saturday with Porter's dad (Tracy) and Porter. The had to wait until Tracy got enough sleep from working late the night before, so they didn't leave until the late afternoon. Charlotte decided to go with them last minute. I wasn't feeling up to floating the river that time and neither was Garrett. Instead I started another puzzle with Grandma. I was just so tired I didn't feel like doing much and going to visit people that day.



After finishing two puzzles in two days, I was ready for a break from puzzles. Laverne called us to let us know that the former President Trump had just been shot at in an assassination attempt at a Trump rally. He was blessed to only get hit on the ear because he turned his head at the right moment. Unfortunately, one man was killed while protecting his family from the shots and two others were injured. It's so sad to see things like this happening today.  I'm still thankful to be an American and living in a free country, I just wish we could all get along better.

Curtis got some pictures of their little river adventure. He said they even saw a guy catch some fish while he was floating along. 






Floating the river took a lot longer than they thought. We were originally going to go over to see his parents that night but decided it was too late by then and both his parents and us were too tired anyway. We went to church in 4th ward again with Grandma, Dad, Laverne and Joyce on Sunday morning. This time there were about 12 kids in primary since there were other visitors as well. Their primary is so small. We packed up our suitcases after church and had a quick lunch of taco salad with my family and then we packed up the van and left. We hurried over to see my in-laws because we didn't get to see them last time we were in town, plus they had a late birthday present to give Charlotte and they had Nic's 3 boys with them.



We visited for about an hour before hitting the road back home. Since we have a dog sitter, we had to get back to pick him up. It was another good trip to Nampa and I'm glad that Curtis took Jack and Charlotte to float the river. Maybe next time I'll go too and take Alice as well. 

1 comment:

Laverne said...

If you float the river next time, we want to go too....well, I do! lol When did you say your coming again?