Saturday morning we were able to sleep in and take our time getting out of the house. We were scheduled to take a 1 1/2 hour boat cruise at Lake Coeur D'Alene at 2:30pm. We met Stillman's family there. It was fun and very worth it. People are free to move around the boat while it's moving and we could go clear around to the back. My kids loved exploring and especially being at the front of the boat. We saw lots of houses of rich people and the same condos we stayed in a few years ago with my dad and Laverne the last time we went to Silverwood.
 |
| Jayden had the great idea of sticking his legs through the bars so he could look straight out at everything. That's where our group was sitting. |
 |
| Later I joined in on sitting the same way Jayden did. It was nice and relaxing. I could look down at the girls and what they were doing. |
 |
| They told us that some of these expensive houses have no roads to get to them. They have to get there by boat. They also had lifts installed next to the stairs to make it easier to go up and down. |
 |
| There are the condos we stayed in a few years ago. |
 |
| I think the person who built this house took the phrase "build your house on the rock" very literally. Ha ha |
I would totally do a boat ride again. It was a fun experience. After the ride was done, we went to a restaurant called Meltz that has grilled cheese sandwiches, etc. We had two friends recommend this place. It was pretty good. Then since the weather was nice, we found a park to go disc golfing. It started out with most of us playing but then the kids went to play on the playground and Michelle sat in her truck to read her book. Part of this course was uphill, and she didn't want to climb a hill. Honestly, it did feel like a hike, which I enjoyed. Stillman, Curtis and I were the only ones that played the entire time. Later, Jack came back to play more. It was fun but it was a place you could lose your disc easily. I think we did lose two.
After the park, we decided we were done for the day and drove back to our cabin to watch some movies. I think that's when we watched both Crocodile Dundee movies. The boys enjoyed them.
The next morning was Sunday and we drove over to the nearest town called Plummer to attend Sacrament meeting at 10am. It was a very small church building compared to what we are used to. The chapel was way smaller and they had no benches, just all cushioned chairs. And there's only room for one row of chairs behind the podium. Surprisingly, Jack and Curtis both offered to help pass the sacrament. Curtis thought it would be fun. The ward there just barely became a ward. They were a branch before. We had a couple of people introduce themselves, so they were nice and welcoming.
When we came back to the cabin after church, we finally saw the cows come out. I counted at least 9 of them. They were more scared of us than the horses. Some would just stare at us.
 |
| Charlotte drew lots of pictures Sunday afternoon but these two were her favorite. She's really enjoying the How To Train Your Dragon movies lately. |
Later, Stillman and Michelle came to the cabin where we had brats and hotdogs cooked on the BBQ and some other sides. Then we played games or watched movies. Stillman and Michelle brought their bird game again and this time I played on my own (instead of being teamed up with Curtis) and I actually enjoyed playing because I was not tired and I could understand it better.
 |
| I think they were watching Babe the pig. |
 |
| You can see my puzzle on the couch cushion that I was working on earlier. |
I worked on the puzzle after our bird game and Michelle did some reading while the kids watched another movie and the men played a new game with Jayden and Jack. It was a fun evening just hanging out with both our families.
1 comment:
Was this a cabin and where is it? I loved those Condo's. Kinda miss it but it just got to expensive. I loved that boat ride when we did it too.
Post a Comment