Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Vacation: Day 8 & 9: Spokane, Triple Play, Heading Home

We didn't really know what we were going to do on our last full day of our vacation until the morning of. I got up early and finished my cat puzzle. Sadly, it was missing a piece, and I was not able to find it. I left a message on a piece of paper and placed it in the box letting the next person know.



After some thought, our family decided to go to Spokane and check out the big red wagon and The Campbell House Museum. It didn't cost anything for us to get in and it was a pretty cool house built in 1898. They didn't have anything to do with the Campbell soup company. They were a small wealthy family and the daughter donated the house to the historical society to become a museum way back in the 1930s. I was surprised at how early it became a museum. The family built it and lived in it for 26 years. Both parents had passed away, so the daughter inherited the house, but she was married and living elsewhere and didn't need the house. We did a self-guided tour because we didn't want to wait for the scheduled tour. I think I remember them saying though that it is 13,000 sq feet!

In the kitchen

Downstairs in the game room. 

Laundry room in the basement.

Toilet in the basement.

They had several different stairways.

This looked like a study maybe. It was close to the front door.


Charlotte liked the stairs.

Alice standing under the painting of the Campbell daughter, Helen.

Charlotte posing again by the stairs. The three paintings are of the father, mother, and daughter (the only child).

One of the bedrooms. I'm guessing it was Helen's room but not sure.

Look at that old toilet.


Another bathroom.

Found another stairway.

A call system for the servants.

The ice box in the kitchen, AKA refrigerator.

Standing in front of the dining room. They went all out for this room since it's the first room you see when you come inside the house.

Standing outside the front door.

It was a neat house and I'm glad we got to visit.

We went to a park where they had this giant red wagon slide.



After the park, we went to Costco to get a cheap dinner and then drove over to Hayden, ID and met Stillman's family at the Triple Play Fun Park. It's basically just like Wahooz in Meridian (or Boondocks) but with some differences. One big difference was the crowds. This place was a lot less crowded than Wahooz. We were able to do a lot more because of that.

This was definitely different, the Soaring Eagle. You go backwards up at an angle and then they let you go and you "soar" forward. Jayden and Jack went first.

Then Curtis and Alice. She wasn't scared at all. She even said she wanted to go by herself, but we didn't do that.

Stillman and Garrett.

This gives you an idea of how high up it goes.

Me and Charlotte

Michelle and Bridger

Waiting for our turn in laser tag. It was Nortons vs Butterfields. They won the first round but we won the 2nd round.

Curtis switched places so I could be in a picture.

A ride similar to the frog hopper but also spins. I rode it once.

Garrett rode with the girls.

Mini golf in the dark.


The four youngest kids did bumper cars in the dark. They only had 4 working cars.

The Dark Ride. I was proud of myself for getting 2nd place for points on shooting zombies. Curtis got 1st place. Garrett 3rd, Michelle 4th and Stillman 5th. There are 8 people, but they only show the top five.

It cost more money than I wanted to spend but it was a lot of fun and I'm glad we went here and made some memories. I didn't get pictures of everything. They also had go karts, outdoor mini golf, a virtual reality game set up, bowling, arcade, ropes course, etc. There is also a separate swimming section with waterslides, but we didn't do that. We stayed until closing at 10:00 and then said our goodbyes to Stillman's family since we were heading home the next day.

I was going to try and get pictures of the cabin for remembrance, but we were in such a rush to get packed up that I only got pictures of the loft master bedroom where Curtis and I slept.

They told us to leave the beds unmade before leaving, hence the mess. We used the twin bed to hold luggage.

There's the skinny staircase.

One thing I wanted to make sure I mentioned was the fact that we saw some cool wildlife at the cabin. I think it was Sunday morning when we saw a bald eagle in the distance over one of the ponds hunting for its breakfast. We also saw a couple of deer, some wild turkeys, cows, horses, the beaver, and different birds. It's not every day you see a bald eagle, but maybe the owners are used to it. It was pretty cool. It was a great vacation and we're so glad we made it happen, even in this little cabin. The gorgeous scenery was worth it!

1 comment:

Laverne said...

I know how frustrating it is for Tony to lose a piece of a puzzle!! lol Sorry about that. That was a very cool house in Spokane. The wall paper was pretty wild. They obviously had some bucks!! Such a fun vacation and I'm glad you got to do it with the Norton's!!