Monday, September 1, 2008
Getting close
Okay, I have finally made myself sit down at the computer again to update you on our addition. The tape and texture guys came and did their stuff. It took about a week. And we had to move the kids out of their bedroom for about 2 weeks. We moved them back in last night since their room was painted. Speaking of paint, we did some painting this weekend and finally were able to put our light fixtures in. Yay!
Our black wall fell down but before putting it back up we snapped a couple of shots of the taping in the dining room.
Taping in the family room
Now there is texture on the walls and the kids had to pose for me. Sometimes it's better to have someone in the picture. Makes it less boring.
And I couldn't let this go by without a picture. I actually get to do some work on the addition! It was fun painting with my mother in law and husband (and occasionally my nieces). Luckily I had my nieces and my sister here to help watch the kids so I didn't have to keep stopping to check on them.
That's right, Mrs. Prego going up and down and working hard. It felt good to be doing something constructive, especially while being pregnant.
There's Curtis and his mom painting in the kid's bedroom. It's so nice to have them back in their room again.
I was going around doing touch up painting when Nikki came in and wanted to help. So I let her do a few spots. Even though it wasn't much she had lots of fun doing it.
Ah ha! There's me working again putting the plate for the light switch back on. Unfortunately I didn't get any other pictures taken of our crew that came over to put light fixtures in today. The crew consisted of Curtis, my dad, my mom, my brother Colby and friend Seth. I was a little busy running around the house doing stuff and then the girls took off to look at flooring, which was Krista, my friend Monica, and myself. We did bring a few more samples home but I am getting sick of looking! I can only look at samples of tile and carpet for so long before I start to go bonkers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Very cool - totally making progress!!! :-) Can't believe how things are shaping up! And yeah... the decision making process is always tough; hope it winds up sooner than later. Reminds me of when we're trying to bargain shop - almost every single time, we end up right back at the first place, LOL!
Glad it's getting so close! Would like to see pic of the kids room all done.
Awhh yes, it is looking awesome! It was fun watching the little one's trying to help. Too cute! I had a good time helping the men.
looks good! Cant wait to see the finished product.
I drove Shawn nuts trying to decide what flooring to put in our kitchen, and then the paint color. I am sure we would have had it done sooner had I just made up my mind. Good luck... the right fit my just show up on a clearance rack like mine did:)
I found you! It looks like your house is really coming along! Good job working so much when you are pregnant. It is enough work just growing a baby. Just go sit down and watch!
Post a Comment