Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Surprise!

Just when I thought I was all done with parties my mother in law did a wonderful thing for me. She surprised me this afternoon with a party for my birthday! All of my sister in law's were there from Curtis's side of the family. I thought I was just going over to have lunch with her and to have a relaxing afternoon with the kids. I had no idea what was really going on. I have to admit that I've always wanted a surprise birthday party and now I finally got one. It was great! Here I was thinking my birthday is going to be boring this year and I was too tired from all of Nikki's parties to worry about doing anything for myself. Plus it doesn't help when my hubby isn't here to help me celebrate.

My birthday is not actually until Saturday so it made it even more of a surprise. We had a lunch together consisting of chicken salad croissant sandwiches, orange jello w/orange slices in it, sliced up strawberries, Doritos and Rootbeer. Yum! Then we played Bingo where everyone won some prizes. After that we were ready for cake & ice cream. Wendy made a lady bug cake and did a very good job. I got a nice incredibly soft body pillow from my mother in law for my birthday and I love it! Then we just sat and talked until we heard a "crash" and turned to see that one of the kids had knocked down a lamp and broke it. I guess you could say my party ended with a bang. I didn't get any pictures taken but maybe I can steal some from my mother in law's camera.

Thank you thank you thank you to Gaya and all my sister in laws for thinking of me!!!! It made my day!

8 comments:

Becca's Blog said...

Happy Birthday for Saturday! Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Unknown said...

How wonderful! What a great time - too bad about the "bang," but that is so neat! :-)

Jill and Scott said...

That's awesome. Hope you have a great birthday Saturday! Are you going to have a baby shower?

Anonymous said...

Happy BIrthday! It's always nice to know that you have family to help you and love you while your hubby is away.

Heather Palmer said...

Happy Birthday Deedra!!! I'm so glad you were able to do something really fun. I hope you are holding up well being so pregnant. =)

Heather said...

Your mother in law is so thoughtful. I too have always hoped for a surprise party...but I am sure I will never have one.
I am sure that Curtis was so happy to hear that his family is making your day for him.
Happy Birthday!

Heather said...

cool! Surprise parties are the best. My mom through me one when I was 15, 16, 17?? somewhere in there, and it is probably one of the only b-days I actually remember! Glad you finally got your surprise- everyone deserves at least one in their life!

John and Danielle said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Glad you had a party of your own!
BTW, I am sorry, but I will be out of town for your shower, so I won't be there and I have lost the invite to RSVP...typical! Have fun!