Jack had his first doctor appointment on Monday and he is as healthy as can be. We are so blessed to have no complications with this baby. I really just wanted to enjoy this one. Jack also had his circumcision done on Wednesday and he weighed 8lbs 9 oz at that visit(he gained 1 oz since his Monday visit). Now that he is feeding well I am starting to stretch out the feeding time at night and hopefully soon he'll be sleeping thru the night. Of course last night he ended up waking me up before my alarm did. Maybe he's having a little growth spurt now to gain the weight back that he lost. I'm also very happy that Jack has been my best nursing baby. It only took him a week to get the hang of it as opposed to Nikki taking 2 months! Garrett never got the chance since they bottle fed him in the hospital and it ruined everything. But we were stressed out enough with Garrett having surgery anyway, that we didn't want to try too hard.
But everything is going well now. For all those who are wondering how they can help me after Curtis leaves, I'll have to let you know how things are. I think I will mostly just need a break from the kids sometimes and have some company. And someone to watch the kids when I need to go to the store. Thank you everyone for your continued support and help offers!
5 comments:
yay I was hoping you could just enjoy this one. That sounds pretty doable since Alex does not stop asking for kids to come over and play with him. Are you guys blessing him while Curtis is home?
Deedra, Jack is so adorable! Just precious. So glad you are starting to feeling better. Enjoy the rest of your time with Curtis.
So glad you're feeling better!!! And go Mommy! And Baby! :-) Nursing is definitely a team effort! ;-) And I'm totally echoing Michelle - I'm SO glad you've been blessed to have this baby's birth & all go so smoothly and more enjoyably! :-)
I loved the blessing at the home last night! It was so spiritual! Just felt so good and Jack is a very content baby! Good luck today, and we'll all miss Curtis but we're here for you!
All I have to say, is this: Don't go do your grocery shopping with all three kids if you don't have to. I did about a month ago and left in a sweat. It was really hard, and I forgot a lot. It just saves time if you can leave them somewhere.
I am glad you are enjoying nursing. Paige is a doll, and I really enjoy the one on one time nursing provides both of us. It makes some good bonding.
Post a Comment