Thursday, February 18, 2021

A Week of Appointments

 I tell you what, if it's going to snow it sure did it on the right days this time....when the kids don't have school! There wasn't any school on Monday because of Presidents day and it snowed again several inches. I'm not exactly sure how many but the forecast had said 3-5 inches. I went out to shovel in the morning with Garrett even while it was still snowing because we needed to get our garbage out on the street for garbage day and I also had an appointment later. My neighbor across the street saw us out there shoveling and offered to let me use his snow blower, so I did! That's the first time I've ever used one I think. I may have used grandma's a long time ago but I don't remember for sure. It wasn't necessarily faster to use it but it did sure save my back some pain. Although, I ended up shoveling snow later to help build a snow slide in our yard. Garrett started building an igloo but didn't get very far before he got too tired and I was too tired to help him either.


I would have liked to make it longer but I was too tired and it probably wouldn't have been worth it. You would need a good running start and can't do that from the angle we made it. We borrowed the neighbor's round sleds and decided that we need to get some of those next year.

After hours of playing in the snow we came in and did a few chores and then watched some Full House. Then I had to leave for my dentist appt to get a filling done. He had to poke me several times because after the first round of Novocain it wasn't enough. From being very tired from playing in the snow and then having a sore mouth we vegged out the rest of the night watching Full House again.

The next morning I had an appointment for Cocoa to get his booster shots. Got him taken care of and now I feel more comfortable letting him outside. He didn't seem to get grumpy like he did last time so I'm thinking maybe the rabies shot was the one that made him so sore because he only needed that one once.

Charlotte really wanted to go to the park or the church after school and do some sledding. We decided to do the church but it was just me and the two girls. It was nice because there wasn't anyone else there and the hill at the church might be a little taller than the one at the park. We played for about 30 minutes. Charlotte was wearing her nicer black boots because she finally decided that her rain and snow boots were both too small. Considering she got sores on her heels I think that's what finally made her change her mind. Time to find some bigger boots!

It was a little windy that evening so it made it more chilly.



This blue sled doesn't slide as easy as the other one but it is stronger. The other one is already cracking and we just bought it this last Christmas. We need better sleds.

Wednesday morning Jack and Nicole both had orthodontic appointments. Nikki was just getting an exam and pictures to see what would need to be done. Jack got his brackets placed. Although they did have to wait for a few weeks before putting the wires on because they're trying to create some space because some of the teeth. They shoved these white rubber bands in between the teeth that need spacing. Then they will make and use a better spacer. Well, here we go with having kids with braces! Nikki is scheduled to get her teeth scanned today right after school and will get her braces on in one month. Garrett will be on March 3rd. This has been a crazy month for appointments! Fortunately for Jack he will only need them for 8 months and only on the top. He already can't wait until he gets them off and I don't blame him. I've been there, done that! 

He got purple bands on because he really likes purple right now.

The girls were so excited to go to a friend's birthday party in the afternoon yesterday also. It was for Alice's twin friends, Lochlyn and Shayla. I babysit them and their older sister. I will always remember their birthday because my twin aunts Deb and Diane also had their birthday on the same day. I also learned that it was Cindy's birthday as well, my new sister in law. 

Anyway, the girls had a little tea party with two flavors of drink, chocolate milk and juice as their "tea" and then a bunch of snacks and treats. The younger girls put on a dress up dress first. Alice chose the Anna dress from Frozen. The girls had a great time!





Well, there's a forecast for more snow tonight so Alice and I dashed to the DI this morning and were lucky enough to find some boots for Charlotte! They're even purple and black and Charlotte loves purple right now. They're also a little big so they will hopefully work for next winter as well. Her boots she had were size 11 in toddler sizes. Then it goes 12, 13 and 1. Her black boots and tennis shoes are size 13. The new boots are size 1. 

Curtis made it back into town this morning and dropped his dad off at his house but then headed to Meridian to try and get some work done. Long story short, he felt like it was a wasted trip and a waste of his time. He's getting backed up at work and trying to study also. Two months until his test and we really need him to pass! 

I'm hoping to go to a relief society activity tonight about gardening. Nikki will finally get to go to her activity tonight because she planned ahead and asked for the night off. She's going to help with teaching some art. Well, I will be off to take Nikki to her scan appt soon then to pick up Charlotte from school. Life is crazy for this busy mom!  😉

1 comment:

Laverne said...

BRACES, SLEDDING, RELIEF SOCIETY, PLAYING, yes, you are a busy mom!! Hang in there. Your a GREAT MOM!!