I was feeling some pain or pressure in my teeth since the end of last week and it wasn't going away even after making sure I flossed everywhere. My rear molars on the bottom are so hard to floss between the tooth and the gums that I usually just don't but that was where I was feeling something going on. I also had a few canker sores on my bottom lip on the same side so I really didn't want to try flossing back there but after a few days of the pain and pressure (feeling like it was swelling up or something) I finally forced myself to get some floss back there. I was able to get a little food out so that was good. But even after getting that out I still felt it for a couple days. On top of that I was also feeling pressure (it wasn't really pain) on my front top teeth. This was so weird. Finally, on Wednesday I started feeling some pressure in my sinus area and decided I needed to get into the dentist to see what might be happening. Fortunately, there weren't any problems with my teeth. He tried tapping on each tooth to see if anything hurt. Nothing did so he took an x-ray, the kind that goes all the way around you while you stand there, and it showed that there is something going on with my sinuses. So he just suggested to use a neti pot (which we already have) to rinse out my sinuses and use a nasal decongestant. And just to be safe he gave me prescription strength mouthwash. Two days later and yes my mouth is feeling better. I just need to keep my nose clear and clean for several days to make sure it doesn't act up again.
Since I was already in Meridian for getting my teeth checked out I was able to get over to Simmons and pick up my wedding ring. I've been without my ring for almost two months because it needed to get retipped and resized. The process has been slowed quite a bit because of Covid so I didn't get the call that it was finished until Tuesday afternoon. It feels good to have it on again and to finally fit my finger correctly. It's been a little big and my ring would occasionally fall off my finger while doing things. I waited this long to resize it because I wanted to wait until after I was done having babies, with gaining weight and losing it. But man, when she handed me my ring back on Wednesday it looked like a brand new ring! It was so shiny and sparkly. I'm happy!
We have been having a few warmer days here and there and so I took Alice and the boys to the playground at our neighborhood park the other day. Charlotte was at school. It felt good to get out.
![]() |
| The boys are on the toy in the background. Garrett's hanging off the front. |
I don't do preschool at home with Alice every day but I do have this old preschool book that I had bought for Jack years ago that we're trying to finish using all of the pages out of so that we can get her a new book and start over (especially since some pages had been done already by Jack and Charlotte). I went ahead and picked up a new book at Costco the other day since we're almost finished with the old book. I also had Alice practice cutting straight lines on a piece of paper. I just used a pink marker to draw lines. She's actually getting pretty good at it. I feel like now I will just plan on being her preschool teacher at home next year instead of trying to get her into the Rec Center preschool or somewhere. She got a good start at the preschool she was in this year but now I think maybe I can handle it as long as Charlotte keeps on going to school most days of the week.
Alice ended up with a fever yesterday afternoon. Today it's gone but I'm really hoping that no one else gets sick. Jack's birthday is today and he's celebrating with some friends tomorrow and grandparents on Sunday. I would hate to have to reschedule his birthday activities. Even though we're not celebrating until tomorrow and Sunday I decided he could still have his birthday breakfast. He decided to go with donuts instead of cinnamon rolls. I told him that we'll just make the one cake for his friends party and use the leftover cake for Sunday. However, if for some reason there isn't enough cake left for Sunday I picked up a brownie mix just in case. Garrett however, decided that he wanted to make Jack some special pancakes this morning for Jack's birthday even though he's going to get donuts. He made the letters of his name and then some video game related pictures.
![]() |
![]() |
| He forgot to make the J backwards because it would be flipped over. He made sure to do it right on the other letters. |
![]() |
| His name, Plants vs Zombies, and it's hard to tell on the last plate. I think there were things stacked on top of each other. Possibly the Nintendo Switch was one of them. |
![]() |
| Happy 12th birthday Jack! More pictures to come when we do the parties. (hopefully) |









1 comment:
Glad you got your teeth figured out. Nothing worse than teeth that hurt! Brother Glaettli told me to use Borax diluted in water to sniff up my sinuses and I would get rid of my cough. I did it and low and behold, my cough is almost gone. I hardly cough anymore at all. Tony started using it as well instead of saline. Happy birthday to Jack! Excited to celebrate with him on Sunday.
Post a Comment