The last two weeks were pretty busy so I'm going to break up my posts so it's not one huge post. Well, the week before Christmas, Jack was sick and missed all but one day of school (Friday the 16th). He wasn't able to perform in his Christmas band concert, which was the same night as Garrett's. Unfortunately, with Garrett being in percussion and one of the younger students, he only got to play in one song. The song he performed in was a 20 songs in 2 min medley and the band teacher played a game with the audience to see who could name the most correct songs in the right order that they were played. I was busy trying to play the game and didn't even get to see Garrett play the timpani (large drums). Curtis got a video though. On the very last song, they invited kids to come down and help jingle some bells, so both of our girls went down. Alice shared with another little girl because they ran out of bells. They had fun doing that. Also, at the end they finally handed out the letters and pins that were received for marching band. Garrett finally got his letter!

 |
| Our niece, Livvie, showed up unexpectedly because she was there to watch a friend, so she sat by us. |
 |
| My mother in law was the only grandparent that could make it this time but I'm glad she did. |
 |
| Charlotte and Alice playing the bells. (white and black jacket, purple jacket) |
 |
| He almost tried to get away from taking this picture but I made him pose and I'm glad I did! It was the only picture I got of him that night. |
The girls didn't have a Christmas concert BUT they did have a school wide sing along and they surprised the kids by inviting parents, family and friends to come join. Santa and Mrs. Claus also made an appearance and joined the singing. The principal made Christmas very fun for the students. They had started out the day with everyone watching the Polar Express in the gym, where many kids wore their pajamas, even our girls.
 |
| This was during the sing a long. They displayed the words on the screen while the music played so everyone would know the words to sing. It was fun listening to the kids sing loud. I was singing as well but did not notice many adults around me singing. I guess they just came to watch. |
This was on the last day before the Christmas break. After the sing a long was done, parents were welcome to take their kids with them if they chose. Alice decided to come home with me but Charlotte stayed so she could be with her friends longer and she rode the bus home.
My dad brought over some gifts and the kids opened their ornaments from Grandma Vernie. They are so creative and cute!
 |
| The two girls got cupcakes. Garrett got a drink with whipped topping (maybe hot cocoa?). Jack got a snowman head made from a block. |
That same Friday night (the 16th) was our ward Christmas party. They had crafts for the kids to do and some coloring and activity pages. We ate dinner and then the primary kids did a live nativity. Charlotte wore her new red dress and Alice brought her white dress to change into when it was time. They had fun being angels.
 |
| The girls making their crafts. They made several different kinds of ornaments. |
 |
| Charlotte is the angel in red. Alice is on the left side holding her halo on her head. |
 |
| Our two little angels. |
 |
| All of the fun crafts Charlotte made. |
 |
| Alice's crafts. |
 |
| Santa made an appearance as well but neither of my girls wanted to sit on his lap or even talk to him. |
 |
| We learned how to make these ornaments made from plastic cups. You color on the cup with sharpie and then melt it down in the toaster oven. |
Curtis has gotten addicted to smoking......smoking food that is, thanks to living next door to his dad who has a smoker! He has now smoked different types of meat, cheeses, and chili. We ordered Curtis a smoking tube so he can use it with any grill or even in the oven. That was one of his birthday gifts that he knew he was getting. It was actually his idea to get one for my dad for Christmas and so we ordered two of them.
 |
| I'm not exactly sure how it works but you fill the tube with wood chips and some how light it and it will smoke and the flavors soak into the food. |
I finally got a picture of my boys in their Christmas ties! Garrett was quick to change after church but I made him change back so I could get this picture.
I'll end this post with that same Sunday we spent the evening with the Butterfields for their special Christmas FHE. We ate dinner together first, which was smoked chili (brought by us), Zuppa Toscana, and chicken noodle, along with some rolls. My in laws make all of their favorite Christmas time treats and share them with their kids and grandkids. Both of my in laws also bore their testimonies. It was a nice time to spend with them, as it might be our last time sharing in that tradition.
1 comment:
Thank you for this! I now have some pictures of your family Christmas for my Chatbook. Can't wait till your next post!!
Post a Comment