Last week Jack had a jazz band concert that was South and Skyview combined at the Skyview auditorium on Tuesday. Jack had a couple of solos and did really well. I love that he's not afraid to volunteer for solos.
 |
| He is doing one of his solos. I just recently found out from Tamara that I can take pictures while I'm taking a video. Yay! |
I don't remember if Alice woke up extra early on this day but she was sure tired after school. She fell asleep while eating her snack!
 |
| So precious! |
Last Friday, we woke up to a surprise of 2-3 inches of snow! Right after I woke the boys up at 6am I got dressed and went out to shovel the snow. Curtis was already off to work by then and he didn't have time to shovel anything. I took a couple of breaks to go in and make sure the girls were up and getting ready and to make Alice's lunch. (Alice still loves to have cold lunch every day and it has to be a meat and cheese sandwich. She stopped eating school lunch back in mid October.)
 |
| This driveway is a lot bigger than at our old house. Thankfully, part of the driveway was covered by Curtis's truck. |
 |
| It took me at least a couple of hours total. Whew! I threw on some ice melt afterwards on half of it. |
 |
| I got a couple of beautiful pictures! |
 |
| I feel like this could be a post card. |
I was informed by both Alice's and Charlotte's teachers that they were chosen to get the student of the month award for "Owning Your Actions". Each class had two students chosen. It's great when one child gets an award but totally awesome when two of them get it and on the same day! I'm a very proud mama right now!
 |
| Alice wore her new red dress. It was bought from D.I. so I didn't mind her wearing it to school and I love that she loves to wear dresses, even to school. |
 |
| It was sports day at the school and so Charlotte wore her purple basketball shirt. I also love that Charlotte likes to play sports. She reminds me of myself. |
As a reward, the girls got to come home a little early with me after the assembly and then I went and bought them a treat of donuts and root beer, which they shared with their brothers.
Curtis got home early that day because his work Christmas party was that evening. He was a little nervous because they asked him to be the M.C. (master of ceremonies) for part of the night. He practiced at home and in the car. His job was fun though because he got to be the one handing out prizes and I think he did a great job.
The party was located at the Barber Park Event Center, which I didn't even know was there. It's a nice place to have a party. It's right by the river and it has a big open room with lots of windows and they even have two built in fireplaces. We arrived early so that Curtis could meet up with the gal in charge and go over things. I found a table close to the front and just hung out. This party had a theme of "Channel Your Flannel". I'm glad it was casual and it gave us an excuse to buy a new shirt. They had a couple of contests. One was "best dressed". Another was "best beard". The last one was each table had to build a cabin/house that had to have 3 windows, a door and a roof, using a bag of Lincoln logs that was provided and anything else from our table.
 |
| We didn't win but it was fun to make. The foundation was 4 speakers that were given as gifts to all of the employees. We just wish we would have thought to put a phone underneath with Christmas music playing. Apparently the interns had music and "fire" and they were the winners. Brigitte and Jeremy were at our table, along with Curtis's supervisor, Larry and his wife, plus another couple. We are all members of the church so it was nice that there wasn't alcohol at our table. Our bishop was also there at a nearby table. |
 |
| Sporting our new flannel that we bought from Costco. We didn't win any prizes that night (other than the bluetooth speaker, that every employee received) but it was a fun party! He and I both talked with more people at this party than any previous and it made it so much more enjoyable. |
1 comment:
Sure have enjoyed reading your posts this season. Helps to lift my spirits. So cool that both the little girls got Student of the Month awards! WAY TO GO girls! The picture of Alice sleeping is adorable. Amazing where little kids can fall asleep! The work party sounds fun. Were Nate and Melissa there. I never did see pictures of them.
Post a Comment