Last Saturday was a fun filled day, at least for most of us. Unfortunately, Jack woke up with a headache and it turned out he had a fever. He stayed in bed pretty much all day while the rest of us went out and did some things. Curtis was finishing up helping a sister in the ward with a project with his dad. I had been on the look out for a bright red dress that Charlotte would be happy with because she really wanted one. The first dress I bought at Saver's, she didn't like. Thankfully, it was only $5.00 but earlier in the week I found one on Facebook marketplace and it was in Nampa so I wouldn't have to go far. I messaged the gal but didn't get a reply until several days later, which was Saturday morning. We arranged to go look at it and Charlotte said she liked it so we bought that one for $5 as well! It was located in a neighborhood behind South Middle School, so it was only a 5 min drive.
After getting home with the dress, Charlotte tried it on with her white vest from the other dress I had just bought (the white one) and she was very happy with it. Thank goodness, because I was done buying dresses for her! 😂 I told the girls they needed to take a shower or bath early today because I knew we were going to be busy. After the girls showered/bathed I took them over to the Rec Center to do Santa's workshop. They had crafts, games, cookies and Santa. However, my girls were fine to just see Santa from far away. They did write letters to him though and stuck it in a box. Charlotte got hers in there before I could get a picture but I did get Alice's. Charlotte asked for a sewing machine (kid size). Charlotte actually already knows the truth about Santa because she found out last spring when her friend from school kept saying it, so we told her. She's fine with it though because now she gets to be one of Santa's helpers at home. Alice is the only one left.
 |
Alice asked for an electric cat and dog. She also asked for a light projector like Charlotte's. And then I added "Or any toy you think I would like".
|
 |
| They made pins. |
 |
| Coloring reindeer headbands. |
 |
| Wearing their headbands and made an ornament. |
 |
| Playing a game where they knock each other's pin down while standing in the hoop with it. |
 |
| They saved this ornament to make at home. |
They also had boxes wrapped up as gifts that they did stacking with but I was busy talking to my old friend Brittanie (Poulsen), who was there with her daughter, so I didn't get pictures of that. I hadn't talked to Brittanie in forever so I was excited to see her. I talked to her about moving over to Kennewick, which is where her sister is also.
We came home for an hour and a half break before taking off to go see Jurassic Quest at the Idaho Center Sports Arena. Since Jack couldn't go, Garrett invited a friend, Hailey, to take his ticket. It happened to be a girl in our new ward who is also a sister to two of his new friends (Calvin and Logan). She had asked him on a double date last week. They were going to do the date last Friday but had to post pone it. She is a fun girl and talkative, meaning she got Garrett to talk! I'm mad at myself for not getting a good picture with both of them in it. I was mostly following the girls around and we were moving quickly.
 |
| The dinosaurs were big, I'm assuming actual life size but they also had moving parts, like the head and tail would move up and down. Our girls were moving too fast to read any information at each station. |
 |
| This was the only shot I got Garrett and Hailey in. I should have told her to look but I didn't! Mad at myself! |
 |
| This shark was huge! And the tail moved. |
 |
| The girls got to take a short ride on these moving dinosaurs (on wheels). |
 |
| Both girls loved it! |
 |
| This was the biggest dinosaur they could get on but it didn't move much. The head and tail moved but that was it. There were some other smaller dinosaurs that you could get on that moved more. |
 |
| Alice wasn't scared at all. |
 |
| They had multiple inflatables. |
 |
| Excavating fossils. They ended up bringing them home to finish another day. |
 |
| They finished excavating their fossils after church on Sunday. |
 |
| It was messy but fun for them. Charlotte helped Alice with hers. |
 |
| They each found 3 treasures. Some looked like rocks and some were small shells. |
The girls had a great time and we could have stayed there longer but Garrett and Hailey were done after 2 hours and it was time for dinner anyway. Jurassic Quest was cool and fun but it's mostly geared toward younger kids so I wouldn't take my teenagers there again.
We ate dinner at Idaho Pizza Company where Garrett and Hailey had a competition to see who could sprinkle more chili flakes on their slice of pizza and eat as much of it as possible without getting a drink. Hailey won that competition. Garrett could only eat 2/3 of the slice before wiping flakes off his pizza. Hailey ate the whole thing no problem! Wow, tough girl! I think Garrett paid for it later because the next two days his stomach felt icky.
Since we were on that side of town, we wanted to stop and see the display at the church on Birch Rd. They started this display a couple of years ago. When I first heard about it, they had missionaries out here with hot chocolate but when we went, there wasn't anybody there. It was pretty cold because of the wind, so Garrett and Hailey decided to stay in the car while the rest of us got out to look at it. It was freezing so we didn't stay longer than a few minutes.
 |
| Charlotte didn't seem to need a jacket. BRRR! Crazy girl! |
We dropped off Hailey on the way home and found out that she likes a lot of the same things Garrett does, like video games and Zelda. Curtis said at the same time I was thinking it "it's a match made in Heaven". 😂 Hailey is also 16 but she's homeschooled and apparently taking some college level classes. I'm not sure what grade she is technically in at the moment. She's smart and fun. It's too bad we're moving next month!
The next day, both the girls wore their new red dresses to church (both were bought 2nd hand this time).
 |
| I found this nice jacket for Charlotte at Saver's also. |
 |
| The dress is a size 10 plus so hopefully it will last her for next year also. |
1 comment:
SO many memories being made for your family ! I LOVE IT! I wished I could have seen Garretts date. That's so fun for him~ Maybe they can be pen pals. The girls dresses are adorable! Perfect for Christmas!! I'm sure the Jurassic outing was a blast for the little girls. Love the look on Alice's face in the scarry ones. lol Right up Charlotte's alley.
Post a Comment