Curtis wasn't able to travel to Nampa with me and the kids during the first part of spring break but while we were gone he got busy finding us a toilet and vanity for our downstairs bathroom so that we can have a usable toilet down there. He also picked up two towel racks, one for hand drying and the other for bath towels.
 |
| I'd say he did pretty well. I like them! The mirror came with the vanity but we didn't hang it up because we're planning on bringing the mirror cabinet down from our bathroom to be in this bathroom. We haven't figured out where to put that extra mirror yet. |
 |
| We noticed a couple of bumps on the wall that we somehow missed. I will have to sand those down later and retexture them and paint. But we like this rack because it can hold stacks of clean towels and has the bar to hang a towel from, just like in hotels. |
Originally, we were thinking we would have to drive separately to Lewiston, ID for our next trip because Curtis had a couple of work meetings over there he needed to be to on Friday, one was in the morning. I didn't want to wake up super early and my brother's kids were in school so there was no point in getting there early. Well, the morning meeting got cancelled and next thing you knew we were packing up to travel together. We still needed to leave by 10am though to make it in time for the afternoon meeting. I drove while Curtis attempted to work on his computer. This was our first time driving this way and it was beautiful! Because I was driving, I couldn't take pictures. You'll just have to take my word on it. Beautiful hills and fields!
We got into Clarkston, WA where the office is and dropped Curtis off to work with my brother Stillman and attend the meeting. Michelle wasn't ready for us to come over yet so the kids and I drove down the road to Costco to eat and then we roamed around looking at stuff, grabbing a few snacks on the way. We were going to go hang out at a park but it started raining. Fortunately, we got the call that it was okay to come over. Jayden and Alex were home by then so the kids got right to playing video games. I was so tired from driving two days in a row that I just rested on the front room couch upstairs while they were downstairs.
 |
I forgot they had birds until Alice came to get my phone from me so she could take a picture of Charlotte with the two birds on her arm. They had moved the birds downstairs during Christmas time and they decided to keep them down there.
|
After the men got home from work and Michelle back from shopping, we all went to our favorite pizza place over there, Fazzari's. Then we went to the theater to see the new Super Mario movie. It was very popular and we ended up having to sit down in front because by the time we got there, there weren't enough seats in the upper part of the theater for our group. I think the movie might have sold out because by the time the movie started, even the few rows in front of us, right in front of the screen, were all filled up. It was a very good movie and we all loved it! Everyone in the theater clapped at the end.
 |
| At the pizza place. It was busy when we went but we were able to get all of the kids seated together and the adults on a separate table. |
 |
| I had to get the little kids in the back to look toward me for the picture. |
 |
| The adults were still close to the kids table. They did some photo bombing in the background. |
 |
| Ready to watch the movie! The girls loved hanging out with their big cousin, Alex. |
That night, the adults had their turn in the hot tub while the kids played their video games, except Alice who watched a movie upstairs. She really wanted to come in with us and I probably should have let her, but we didn't want all of the kids wanting to come in also. The 4 younger kids had their hot tub turn the next morning.
 |
| Swimming in the hot tub. |
We had a big breakfast that morning and then Stillman had to go fix one of the four wheelers so that we could use it later that day. Fortunately, he and Curtis figured it out and got both four wheelers loaded. Stillman was called that morning to go to a baptism since he's in the bishopric and the bishop and other counselor are really sick. So he and Michelle went to that while Curtis and I took the four younger kids to McDonald's and the park. They were just finishing up an egg hunt when we arrived at the park, so it was packed but fortunately we came just as someone was leaving and got a nice close spot to the playground. Curtis went and practiced some disc golf while I watched the kids play.
By late afternoon, we were finally able to pack up and head to the hills for some four wheeling. This was something we had been planning on doing this weekend. Again, it was a pretty drive. I was surprised at how high we went up the mountain, high enough to find snow. I was so glad I brought my hiking shoes with me, just in case! There were some spots of road that still had snow/ice and I was nervous because I don't trust our van in slippery conditions! We finally had to turn around at one point because it was getting too slushy, but we found a good spot close to an outhouse (thank goodness). It was muddy and poor Garrett didn't want to get his shoes all dirty so he stayed in the van for awhile. Stillman and I devised a plan to ride a four wheeler right up next to the van so Garrett could climb right on. I know he's glad he did because I could tell on his face that he had a lot of fun on the four wheeler. We all had a lot of fun! And we also brought some shooting stuff and a portable campfire and chairs and lots of snacks. We had the fire on a drier area and so Garrett sat down over there after his ride.
 |
| All ready to go! |
 |
| Like I said, beautiful drive! |
 |
| There's the mountains we're heading to. |
 |
| Curtis was driving this time, thankfully. |
 |
| We swapped a few kids around so cousins could ride together. Alice rode in Stillman's truck. |
 |
| I was a little nervous at first because I haven't rode a four wheeler in years but I quickly adapted and had fun giving the little kids rides. |
 |
| Curtis and Jack |
 |
| My hands were getting cold, so I put some gloves on. |
 |
| There's Garrett after his first ride. Stillman drove him around at first and taught him how to do everything and then they switched places and Garrett drove. |
 |
| Michelle and Keaton |
 |
| Our little campfire. It was nice to have it to help warm us up! |
 |
| The boys doing a little bit of shooting at some pop cans. |
 |
| Both of the girls went for a ride with Dad. |
 |
| Jack, Curtis and Alice |
 |
| Jayden and Alex |
Everyone had such a good time and we left as it was getting dark. Our van got so dirty that Curtis went and got it washed after dropping us off at the house. He also picked up some Panda Express for our dinner that night. Yep, we love Panda and it looks like the Nortons do also! Yum! I have loved the orange chicken at Panda Express ever since my mom took me there as a teenager in the Boise Town Square Mall and that's what we ate. It took awhile for Curtis to come around to liking Panda but he does now. Yay! That wasn't the end of the activities for that day but I'm going to end this post and pick it up in the next post.
1 comment:
How fun!! Love the downstairs bathroom. It turned out great! So glad you got to have fun with Stillman and family!
Post a Comment