Monday afternoon was the day of Alice's dental appointment to get two fillings and either a baby root canal or tooth extraction. Fortunately, the dentist decided to just extract the tooth because that's what we wanted to do. It was a lot cheaper and a lot less to go through. This was a baby tooth that would normally come out around age 10. She'll be without it for a few years but that's fine. Her appointment was at 3:00pm and so I picked her up early from school to take her over. Charlotte rode the bus home. She was so calm and just the perfect patient for them. The assistants and the dentist were very impressed with how well she did. It sure helps to have Disney+ to watch along with headphones.
![]() |
| She loves wearing dresses and chose to wear this one to school that day. Probably not the best choice to wear a white dress for a procedure. |
![]() |
| They gave her nitrous to help calm her also, but I honestly don't think she would have needed it. |
I gave her some Ibuprofen after we got home so that she wouldn't have pain when the numbing meds wore off. She did so great and never complained about anything. Later that same night we let the girls open their Christmas pajamas early because Charlotte really wanted to wear them to school on Wednesday for their special pajama and movie day. Charlotte's current pajamas have holes in the knees or she doesn't like them. She later had the idea that we could wash and rewrap them after they wore them on Wednesday so they could unwrap pjs with Garrett, Jack and Nikki.
Charlotte loves her doggy pajamas and I think Alice likes her unicorn pajamas but it was hard to tell when she first opened them. We'll get a picture with them wearing them on Christmas Eve.
The very next morning, Alice wakes up with pink eye but it's not as bad as Charlotte's. Her left eye was a little pink and puffy and there was a little gunk on the eyelashes. I gave her eye drops and she stayed home from school that day. I wasn't totally convinced that she actually had pink eye because she had cleaned her eye off before I saw it and not long after the eye drops her eye looked normal, but we're doing the drops just in case since Charlotte for sure just had it. Better safe than sorry. I just hope we have enough drops for both girls to get a full dose. I tried calling our old pediatrician in Nampa to see about getting another prescription because Alice doesn't have a new pediatrician yet but he said he couldn't do that now that we're in Washington. They said to take her to the quick care but I don't think that would work because her eye looks normal already, so I'm hoping these drops last. The last day for Alice to take them is Christmas. It's not the best way to start off her birthday week but at least she already had her party.
Tuesday after school, Jack's friend Eli and his mom stopped by dressed as Santa and his elf and brought us a gift. They are such a fun family. I love it! Eli was dressed as Santa and his mom was the elf. I love this gift idea, fun and useful.
Alice missed her Christmas party on Tuesday but she made it to school on Wednesday for the final half day before the break. Since her actual birthday is on Friday and during the winter break, we brought in birthday donuts for her class after they watched "The Polar Express" on Wednesday. I was excited to find mini donuts that were decorated like the big ones because I didn't want to buy big ones. The kids loved them.
![]() |
| Alice and her teacher getting ready to sing "Happy Birthday". |
I got out of the house Wednesday afternoon to do some Christmas shopping and when I returned I found that my ministering sister had brought me a cute little treat.
![]() |
| A cute reindeer chocolate bar. |
Today has been a relaxed day. Jack made plans for us the watch "The Hobbit" movies today and "The Lord of the Rings" tomorrow. He invited his girlfriend, Morgan, over to watch with us because she has never seen them. We started around 8:30 this morning after I made German pancakes for breakfast. We paused our movie to take Milo to the vet this afternoon to get his final puppy vaccination. I have been working on blogging during the movies, so I feel like I got something accomplished instead of just sitting here all day. Curtis and I will be taking another break to go to dinner with a coworker and his wife who are in town. We'll be in the middle of the last movie and will finish when we get back. Yay, I'm finally caught up on blogging. I probably forgot some stuff that I originally wanted to blog about but oh well. That's what happens when life gets too busy. I have been stressing out about getting Christmas shopping done. I think we're just about there but watching these movies is not helping me to get that done. I might have to miss some tomorrow so I can get it finished.








1 comment:
Poor Alice. I just got a picture of Rowan with that gas gizmo on and I thought it was some kind of toy thing! lol Glad she did well. Looks like she got her birthday at school OK. So fun!
Post a Comment