Thursday, December 21, 2023

Band Concert and Temple Trip

I had bought a Christmas puzzle for either the kids or all of us to do sometime this season. None of the kids wanted to help us so Curtis and I did it together. It was only 300 pieces so it just took a couple of hours. I like puzzles like my dad but I prefer to work on them with someone. It reminds me of when we did puzzles at the cabin or at my grandma's house as a kid. Curtis doesn't normally like doing puzzles but he was a good sport and helped me with this one.



I just recently started putting my hair up in the claw again. I haven't done it that way in a long time. Alice liked it so she asked me to do her hair like that. Charlotte wanted hers too but I only had one.

She wore her hair like this to church.


Wednesday morning, Charlotte woke up with pink eye and her eye glued shut. Fortunately, we already had the prescription eye drops we needed from when Alice had it a year ago. After 24 hours of medication, she is not contagious anymore and was able to go to school the next day. It was "fun" trying to wipe down all of the doorknobs and handles and things she might have touched. I also washed her bedding and clothes. After one or two doses of eye drops, her eyes looked much better.

Jack had his holiday band concert on Thursday, the 14th. It was a combined concert with the band, choir and orchestra. The girls came with us to this concert, but Jack stayed home.

Jack and his friend, Eli, before the concert. They borrowed Curtis's Christmas ties and Santa hats.

I'm glad I got this shot before they started because I couldn't see him during the performance. This was with the concert band and he played the French horn.

I love that the director wore a Christmas suit.

The jazz band played up behind us. They needed to save space on the stage.

Everyone together at the end.



Milo is having fun with his toys and it's so cute to see him grab his toys first thing in the morning after he has gone potty. It's usually his chew bone that he grabs and takes it upstairs. He's also gotten good at grabbing this ball toy. This toy makes noise as it rolls. It's better for outdoors. It's hard smooth plastic but there are a couple of holes they put on it for the dog to grip it. 



Last Saturday I finally scheduled us to go do baptisms again. It was a great way to start the day. The boys said it made them feel good being in the temple. We were able to do 10 male and 10 female names, along with two males that were confirmation only. It was foggy that morning but beautiful.

Got a picture in the car on the way to the temple.


Then I got a shot of the temple afterwards.


1 comment:

Laverne said...

I like the new hair do's! The puzzle is cool!