Sunday, April 14, 2024

Spring Break Fun Part 3

Saturday and Sunday were spent watching or listening to General Conference. Saturday morning, I made some homemade buttermilk pancakes from a recipe I found online, and they were so good! Even Curtis, the pancake critic, loved them. I was going to do coffee cake the next morning for Sunday because I haven't had that in a long time either, but Jack talked me into buying some Rhodes cinnamon rolls. Those were good too. There were lots of good talks, but I know I didn't listen as close to them as I should have and will definitely be listening to them again. 

Charlotte spelled the prophet's name with dominoes. He wasn't speaking at the time, but she didn't care.

The girls having fun with the dominoes and toys while listening. Well, I think they listened to at least one talk, the one in this picture where she was talking to the children.

During the break on Sunday, Curtis and I took Milo for a walk to a new place just outside our neighborhood and it was beautiful! We walked along the canal.



Curtis built this during the Sunday sessions of conference. It's a 3D puzzle made out of metal. Jack got it for Easter a year ago but never put it together and told us it was too difficult and hurt his fingers. So, Curtis put it together.

It turned out really cool.

I was having a hard time staying awake during conference, so I finally pulled out a puzzle during the 2nd session on Sunday. It was a 500-piece circle shaped puzzle. I started it Sunday but did not finish it until Tuesday. Unfortunately, there was one piece missing by the end. I don't know if it fell on the ground and Milo ate it or what. It should not have had a missing piece because I had just opened that package for the first time. Last time we lost a piece to a puzzle it ended up in the girl's room because it had gotten stuck to Alice's jacket or shirt. Hopefully this will happen again, but I doubt it. It was still fun to do.

The missing piece was on Minnie's forehead. Poor Minnie, lol. 

After conference was over, most of us went outside to play a game of croquet. It was nice to do something outside for a change. Alice started the game but quickly changed her mind and wanted to do her own thing. Curtis, Jack, Charlotte and I continued to play and I won! I honestly don't care anymore if I win or lose a game. I am just happy to play games with family and to have fun.

Taking silly pics after our game.


Curtis says this is the millennial way to play, lol. Very little effort.

That was a good way to end our spring break week!

1 comment:

Laverne said...

Awesome! I should try those pancakes. They sound good. Conference was great. You all did good. I crocheted to help stay awake.