Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Our week so far with Curtis home

Monday afternoon Curtis made it safely home for his first vacation. We were all so excited to see him. Here are some pictures from his homecoming and what we've been doing this week. And to those who are wondering, no baby yet. We are scheduled to go in at 6am tomorrow morning to be induced. I'm a little nervous because I've never been induced before but I'm sure everything will be fine. We're just anxious to see our baby Jack! In the meantime we are just keeping busy and relaxing.

Our first hug.

Garrett was a little unsure at first, but later that night he was kind of clinging to Daddy.

Can you tell how happy I am?

And at last, Curtis got to see his big surprise that he knew nothing about. It's kind of funny because I bought this for him on my birthday. I had to keep it a secret for over two weeks. I knew that if I even told him I had a surprise for him when he got home that he would somehow figure it out. He's good at that.

Tuesday morning Daddy and the kids were sprawled out on our bedroom floor watching "Toy Story", which is Garrett's new favorite movie. Garrett could watch that movie all day and be happy.

Then Curtis got busy and decided to take apart the bunk bed so Garrett could have his own big boy bed.

So now Nikki's bedroom looks more spacious and it's easier to make her bed since I'm not bumping my head on the top bunk.

Curtis getting the crib ready for Jack to use.

Last night while Curtis was warming up our dinner I had to get my ball to sit on and then Garrett jumped on the back and we had fun bouncing up and down. Here, he had a mouth full of carrots.

And this morning Curtis gave Garrett his first hair cut! What a milestone. Nikki is 5 and I still have never cut her hair. It was fun to watch Garrett. He was so good.

All smiles for this boy. He thought it tickled. I never thought it would be so easy to cut his hair. He did great! What a big boy he's becoming.

8 comments:

Shannon and Doug said...

Deedra I am so happy that you have your hubby home for a while! It is so cool that he is going to be there for the baby! I think it is amazing how stong you are. This will be such a memorable time in your life and you will look back and be so glad you went through it. Good luck on the baby and let us know if you need ANYTHING!

Vernie and Tony said...

I've been anxious to hear how things were going but didn't want to bug the two of you! We are so happy he is home and I KNOW YOU ARE!!! How did he react to the TV? I'm laughing that they are laying on the floor in the bedroom watching a small TV when the big one is in the back! LOL I love the new console for the components too! Good choice!

Heather said...

I am so happy that you have had sometime together before Jack arrives. Tomorrow will go off without a concern. My thoughts and prayers will be with you. Looking forward to "seeing" Jack!

Staci Rocha said...

Welcome home Curtis! It's great that the baby has waited for his Daddy to be home! We wish you the best tomorrow. I was induced with Penny and I think that's the way to go. All smiles and no pain with an epidural :)

P.S We missed Nikki at Pre-school, we just figured she wouldn't want to leave her Dad. We painted Rainbows for the letter R and practiced writing and then we had a pretend trip to the zoo. The kids had a great time pretending to be Zoo animals.

We will look forward to seeing pictures of Jack :)

Unknown said...

YAY!!! :-) We're so happy for you! :-) And it's TOO funny that Curtis is finding tasks around the house to do, LOL...

Here's hoping everything goes GREAT with Baby Jack tomorrow! :-) I'll try to keep my distance until I'm feeling a little better, but I can't wait to meet the little guy! :-) And I know Colby wants to hang out with Curtis! :-)

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

Yay! How fun. I'm so glad he is able to come home to visit. Right now the cutest blog on the block backgrounds aren't working (probably a server issue) SO I had to highlight all your words to read them. lol. YAY FOR TOMORROW!

Heather Palmer said...

Yea I'm so glad you hubby is home! You are just beaming in every picture of you! Good luck on the sweet baby on the way. I was induced on both my boys and I didn't think it was too bad. I don't know any different though. I can't wait to see pictures of you baby!

ChrisandTamara said...

Yay! So glad Curtis could come home for a vacation and just at the right time too! Can't wait to meet baby Jack!