Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My 1st couponing experience

I spent $38.00 for all of this. Total amount saved $63.45

Items bought: 6 boxes Cheerios, 3 Ragu sauces, 1 Sandies cookies, 7 Nature Valley granola bars boxes, 1 Fiber One granola bar box, 1 Suddenly Pasta Salad, 2 boxes Gushers fruit snacks, 2 boxes fruit rollups, 1 doz eggs, 8 ears of corn, 1 container of raspberries, 1 bag carrots, 1 cucumber, 1 head lettuce, and 4 bananas

After hearing of other people's couponing experiences and going to a couple classes about how to coupon I finally broke down and did it. However, I don't think I could've done it by myself. I had my sister in law Michelle helping me every step of the way. A big thank you to her! I think I understand it a little better now but I still feel like my brain is spinning when I try to think about it. I don't know if I'll be able to keep it up but we'll see. At least now I've got my snacks for my upcoming Utah trip in 2 weeks!

4 comments:

Vernie and Tony said...

I know what ya mean about your head spinning! I feel the same way and I still need help in doing it. I must be slow! DUH! It is a real rush though when ya see how much ya saved! That is awesome! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Ok... I'll be the first man to ask. So how much gas did you burn up finding these "great deals"? or did you find it all at one store? ... Congrats! Keep it up.

Curtis and Deedra said...

This is all at Albertson's honey. We didn't burn very much gas at all :)

Stillman and Michelle said...

Don't worry I am still confused. I take Stillman and he does all the math for me. He can remember if the item is cheaper at Winco without the coupon. He also remembers if the generic is cheaper than the coupon product. BTW the Statemen is offering a deal $1.00 an issue.