This year we stayed home for Easter, so it was our first Easter in this house. Holidays stress me out because of having to shop for kids and they can be difficult to shop for, especially the teenage boys. I made Curtis shop with me this time though so we could figure it out together. I think we did pretty well.
 |
| Saturday night we boiled eggs and the girls did the coloring. It's not something the boys like to do anymore, unfortunately. |
 |
| Easter morning after finding her basket. |
 |
| She got a big pink bow and other hair things, a Bluey activity book, a soft pink Peep bunny that has a bag of clay beads you can take out and warm up and then put back in, plus a rubber dinosaur with an egg inside of him that had candy in it. There was a box of bunny "poop", which were colorful "pop it's" fireworks. Then of course, some chocolates. |
 |
| Charlotte also got a soft Peep bunny, a book, a magic 8 ball, and a dinosaur w/egg. All of the kids got the dinosaurs, the bunny "poop" and chocolates. The girls also got a tin with Bluey suckers in it. |
 |
| Garrett got a foam airplane to build, a Mandalorian tin w/suckers, shorts, shirt, a gray shoulder bag, a dinosaur w/egg, and chocolates. |
 |
| Jack got the same as Garrett except no bag. He got a hat. |
 |
| The family got some marshmallow Peeps and the new Wonka movie. (I passed on eating any peeps though, not a fan.) |
 |
| Ready for church and holding their Peeps. Alice is wearing her new bow and new white shoes. (I have had those shoes hidden for several months. I bought them while Christmas shopping because the Children's Place store in the mall was closing, so they were on clearance.) |
 |
| Our neighbor made us some bunny rolls with little treats on top and some cookies. Curtis and I loved the cookies, but the kids weren't crazy about them. Garrett and I liked the rolls the most. They needed to be warmed up a bit first, but the girls didn't care for them, probably because they have a lot more wheat in them than they're used to eating. |
 |
| Jack's new outfit. He loves Dr. Pepper. |
 |
| Garrett's new outfit. He seems to like it. |
We had church at 9am this year and so we didn't let the kids get too much into their baskets before church. And we needed to be there by 8:30 this time because Curtis, Charlotte and I sang in the choir and had to practice the song before the meeting started. Curtis and I thought about not singing because we had only done one practice, but I think it helped getting to sing it again before the meeting. We're all glad we did it. The primary also sang a number, so Alice and Charlotte sang for that one. It was a good meeting. Sister Coffman was the selected speaker. She is a funeral home director and gave her unique perspective about the resurrection, with her line of work.
The sun was shining that day, but it was still a little chilly for me. After church, Curtis and I took Milo for a short walk across to the school and Curtis threw a frisbee for Milo to chase after a few times. Milo loves frisbees!


When we got back, I got busy baking a carrot cake for our Easter dessert. Curtis got busy prepping and cooking the pork roast. We had intended on having pulled pork sandwiches, but the boys complained about the sandwich part. They just wanted the meat on its own, so we did. We ate the buns as a side. However, I did have a pulled pork sandwich the next day with an extra bun and it was good. We also had baked potatoes w/gravy (for those who wanted it) and green beans. The boys were saying they didn't like carrot cake and I wasn't sure the girls were going to eat any either so I was feeling a bit discouraged about having made this big carrot cake that no one is going to eat but me and maybe Curtis. However, the girls and Jack both tried the cake the next day and decided they liked it! Jack had a piece each day and even finished off the cake by Wednesday. I didn't even know he had tried any until I saw him eating the last piece for breakfast on Wednesday. I'm so glad he liked it!
After we ate our Easter dinner, the boys filled some Easter eggs and went out to the yard to hide them for the girls to hunt. They enjoyed doing that and the girls enjoyed hunting. Curtis had Milo on a leash, to make sure he wouldn't find any and try to eat them. He did sniff out a few though. There were 42 eggs hidden but we couldn't find the last egg. It wasn't until Tuesday afternoon that Garrett found it along a fence while he was mowing the perimeter of the lawn.
 |
| Curtis brought the girls to the middle of the yard and spun them around before releasing them to hunt for eggs. Alice went first. |
 |
| Now Charlotte is getting spun while Alice hunts. |
 |
| Milo found an egg! |
 |
| Alice spotted the one egg in the bird feeder. Jack helped her get it. |
 |
| Afterward I had the girls share the treats inside the eggs with their brothers. |
When the hunt was over, we had a lesson and discussion about Easter and the Resurrection. Then we watched the new movie "Wonka" as a family. We all enjoyed that movie a lot and it was a good way to end the day. It was a very good Easter!
1 comment:
AWESOME!! I agree with you on the PEEPS! Yuck! lol the kids look so nice in their new outfits. Sounds like it was a good day!
Post a Comment