Sunday, July 25, 2021

Concert and Wahooz!

 Friday night we went to the boy's jazz band concert at the NNU Little Theater. I am amazed at how well they did. Everyone memorized their music because that's all they worked on this week at jazz band camp, practicing their music! It was fun to hear all the different solos. Jack even did a trumpet solo. He's doing so well for having just started to learn. I'm seriously considering putting Jack in trumpet lessons and Garrett in drum lessons. Garrett actually asked me for drum lessons. I'm more willing to consider it when they ask me for them. 

Garrett is the one in the middle back. He always had such a serious look on his face. I know he's concentrating but it would be nice if he looked like he was enjoying himself. This was taken before they even started playing.

They split up into three groups. My boys were in different groups. Jack is in the middle playing the trumpet. He learned a lot this week.

Saturday we pretty much spent our whole day at Wahooz! Family Fun Zone thanks to Charlotte, who had earned herself a free ticket through the school. We let the boys invite a friend but Nikki decided she was still aching from her sunburn so she stayed home. Once again like at Silverwood Curtis and I spent our time doing what the girls wanted to do while the boys ran around and did what they wanted to do. Sometimes we would catch up and do some activities together. We did go karts, mini golf, bumper boats, laser tag, laser maze, bowling, a ride called Twister, the Dark Ride, Frog Hopper, bumper cars, wall climbing, and the girls did the Ballocity (a really big play area where they can shoot each other with soft balls and do other fun things with them).

Alice was tall enough to be a passenger on the go karts. Yay! She was also barely tall enough to do laser tag.


This was one of Alice's favorites. Both girls did this ride (Frog Hopper) multiple times.

Alice was not big enough for the bumper cars so Curtis did it with Charlotte while Alice did Frog Hopper again.

The score after the Dark Ride. It's a 3D ride where you're in a dark room with a big screen and the chairs vibrate and wind blows in your face to make you feel like you're there. We were in the wild west shooting robots. Curtis took 1st and I was 2nd. This was actually the 2nd time we did this ride with the girls. The first time I got 1st place but wasn't able to get a picture taken quick enough before it disappeared!

Bowling!

Garrett and Austin met up with us for bowling. We ordered pizza and fries while bowling. Jack brought his friend Porter Ballantyne. They pretty much did their own thing all day except when we ate lunch and maybe a couple of rides.

Doing go karts again. This time I was with Charlotte.

It was hot while doing mini golf but it I think they still had some fun. I tried telling everyone we should do golf earlier in the day but of course no one listened so we did it around the hottest part of the day. It was fun at the last hole though because it would shoot water at us after hitting the ball in. It would do a fireball blast if it went down the middle but we really didn't want fire right now! The water felt good!

This is the screen showing the people on the inside of the Dark Ride. The boys were doing a scary one while I was doing other stuff with the girls.

At the beginning of their ride it looked like Austin was in 1st, Curtis in 3rd, and Jack in 4th. The other people were not people we knew. I think in the end Austin got 1st while Curtis got 2nd and Garrett got 3rd or 4th.

Charlotte having fun in Ballocity.

And Alice also in Ballocity.

Charlotte was very brave and did some wall climbing.

This one in the middle looks like a DNA strand.

This one looked cool with the lights coming out of the pipes.

After collecting some prizes from the tickets they earned on their cards we left for home around 8:30. We pretty much spent 9 hours there so we were pretty tired. 

Although, since we had learned that they are doing stake dances again Garrett wasn't too tired to go to his first stake dance! I always thought Nikki would be taking him to his first stake dance but alas she was not feeling up to going. Garrett still wanted to go even though he was going by himself so I drove him over there and walked him inside. He was nervous to go in by himself. The lady at the sign in table told a boy sitting on the couch to take him in so he did. I learned that they decided to change the dress code again so the kids can wear casual but nice clothing instead of Sunday dress. Also, they changed the location of the 2nd Saturday of the month dance to the Smith Building instead of Greenhurst. The 4th Saturday it is across town at the Birch Bldg, which is where it was last night. Garrett had a good time and danced with two girls. They asked him because of course he's too shy and quiet. Hopefully this will also help him to come out of his shy bubble.

1 comment:

Laverne said...

Awesome!! Sorry we missed the concert but we sure enjoyed the day with the Norton's in Lewiston. The Wahooz was a BIG day for sure!! And I'm proud of Garrett going to the dance. So fun!!