We had a lot of different things going on the last two weeks. I was finally able to find a nice play yard for our rabbit on so that we can take him outside sometimes. It looked like it was barely used and I bought it on Facebook marketplace for $30. It even has a little door that you can open and step in and out.
 |
| We set it up inside first. |
 |
| Now trying it outside. |
 |
| Another day we brought it back inside and then Curtis and the kids put both cats in with the rabbit because we want the cats to get used to the rabbit. They didn't do anything to him. Then we gave all three of them some dinner. The funny thing is that the cats didn't even try to jump over the fence....until we opened the can of wet food! But we made them go back inside the fence to eat it. Ha ha! |
Last Monday the 12th was the day Nikki and Jack both had their frenectomies done for the gap on their front teeth. They had to remove some muscle right there that causes the teeth to separate. The teeth could get pulled together and be straightened without getting it done, however if we don't the teeth will end up spreading apart again later. Later that same day we had softball and t-ball for the girls and this time grandma Vernie and grandpa Tony came to watch them. Charlotte was so excited when she finally realized grandma and grandpa were there to watch and she started telling all her team mates. Before her game her team finally got their pictures taken. It was the assistant coach's wife that did the pictures. I don't know what it is but Charlotte played a lot better that night when they were on the grass field. Two nights later she struggled again on the dirt field.
 |
| Her pose as Charlotte was ready to run to home plate after the next player hit the ball. |
 |
| On Wednesday was the first time I got to see Charlotte play catcher position. |
They also handed out a print out of the pictures they took of Charlotte and her team. Wow! They looked professional!! Now I felt really bad for not having paid for Alice to get professional pictures. The good news? I was able to contact the photography company and they were willing to let me send them my individual picture of Alice that I loved and will add it to the team picture. Traditions Photography was so easy to work with and I'm so happy they were willing to do that. I can't wait to get that order in the mail so both girls will have professional looking pictures!
Wednesday was their last day playing and so the girls also got medals and certificates. I had to leave before seeing Charlotte get hers but I got a shot of them together after Alice's game.
 |
| These girls had a fun time playing and I think Charlotte will definitely play next summer. I'm not sure on Alice. |
One crazy thing that happened to me last week. I had just taken my van in to Les Schwab on Saturday the 10th because we were losing air in the driver's side rear tire. We had to drop it off and leave it with them all day because they were busy. It turned out to be a screw in the tire so they got it patched up. On Tuesday around lunch time I drove over to Lions Park to grab lunches for the kids and then over to Tamara's to have lunch and see their new kitten. We visited while Tamara was on her lunch break and then I left my girls to play with their cousins and the kitten while I went to Costco to do some shopping.
After I drove away from Tamara's house I could hear a weird noise in the back of our van. I pulled over and thought maybe the girls left garbage or something that might be moving around while driving. I threw a bunch of garbage away but nope, it didn't work. I could still hear the noise any time I drove over 25 mph all the way to Costco. I was going to look at it before going in the store but I was so focused on what I needed to get that I forgot. Fortunately I remember right as I was leaving. It turns out that the exact same tire that we had just gotten fixed on Saturday had a long wire sticking out of it about 6 or 7 inches long and about the thickness of a paperclip but a little thicker. I couldn't break it off and I was afraid to pull it out of the tire in case it had a hole and went flat. I went ahead and bent the wire down as much as I could. I drove to Tamara's to get my girls and the wire broke off most of the way. I then dropped the girls off at home with the boys and then drove to Les Schwab. If it had a hole I wanted it to be there and not home. I did the right thing because one of the workers pulled it out and we could hear air. Apparently this wire was closer to the side wall of the tire and couldn't just be repaired. It had to be replaced. Fortunately we had recently bought that tire and it was under warranty! We didn't have to pay anything! Thank goodness!

Thursday morning I took the boys to their wellness exams. They are doing well but it was time for Jack to get a couple of immunizations. HE DID NOT WANT TO! I can't remember the last time I had this difficult of a time convincing one of my kids to get their shots. He was so scared and cried while tearing up tissues in his hands as the nurse and I were trying to convince him to get it done. I kept telling him that it wasn't going to be as bad as he thinks because I too was nervous about getting a shot when Curtis, Nikki and I got our first round of Covid shots on the 10th. I barely felt it when it went in my arm. Anyway, we finally got Jack to do it. Fortunately he was invited to go to Roaring Springs right after getting home. My in laws took him and Nic's boys to the water park. Garrett didn't want to go.
Since Jack went to Roaring Springs and all the other family had church activities that evening I took the girls to Lakeview water park in Nampa. They had a great time and even made a new friend!
 |
| She is actually Alice's age but was playing with Charlotte mostly. |
Friday I took all my kids except Nikki to go bowling with my mother in law and my nephews that she had staying with her. Nikki had gone with her friends on Thursday so she didn't want to go again. It was dollar day on Friday so we played two rounds of games and ordered all the kids fries and soda. I let Garrett bring his friend Austin also because he wanted someone his age there. That was the reason he didn't go to Roaring Springs. His cousins are ages 8,10, & 12. We all had a great time bowling and then we took the kids over to Lions Park to eat lunch and play for a bit. Then it was back to our house to play some more and for my boys to show their cousins their musical instruments and play them some songs.
 |
| It had been 2 years since they last saw these cousins. They grew a lot! |
I have a few more things I wanted to write about but I'd better end this one now since it's so long already.
1 comment:
Yes, A busy couple of weeks! Nicks's kids are sure growing up! I guess thats what happens when ya don't see them very often! I like the rabbit cage. Pretty cool that the cats don't bother him.
Post a Comment