Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Father's Day 2021

This year for Father's Day Curtis had said that he wanted to a nice set of "The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings" series. He put it in the saved list on Amazon and then I purchased it and hid it from him for a month. He knew he was getting it but I still wanted to hide it until Father's Day arrived. Just a couple days before Father's Day I took Alice and Charlotte to the store so they could help pick something out for their daddy. He actually wanted a new tie and just our luck there were no ties to be found at Walmart. I didn't have time to shop at the thrift stores for one so the girls (mostly Charlotte) picked out a nice shirt and a huge card. I also grabbed him a king size Snickers candy bar because that's his favorite flavor (I think).

Alice made this card with help from her Sunday school teacher.



He finally gets to read them!


Curtis decided he wanted to try cooking Chicken Cordon Bleu for his Father's Day meal. While he took a quick snooze and then got started on cooking I went to visit my dad. The 4 younger kids joined me. We visited for awhile and I helped Dad put some puzzle pieces in the puzzle he was working on. Then we went home to help Curtis finish cooking. It was a good meal! I can't remember what else we did that evening but it was a good day.

No comments: