Saturday, July 10, 2021

Our 4th of July

 This year during the 4th of July weekend it was a little more relaxed. Curtis, Garrett and I went and helped sell fireworks in the morning on Sat the 3rd for a fundraiser for the Skyview High marching band. Yep, here we go with the fun things that come with having a child in marching band. I actually only found out about the fundraiser because I reached out to Joy Stevens who I knew has a son in band. I was able to get her to go sell fireworks on Sat with us as well. Not even she had done it before and her son will be a junior. It was hot but it was fun. Garrett and I had also done it on Wednesday a few days before but it was a lot less busy that day. Saturday was almost constantly busy with customers. Our shifts were 4 hours so it helped pass the time when we were busy. And yes, we bought more fireworks this year than ever before. I felt better about doing it since our marching band benefits from it. We get 20% of the profits. It should be the only fundraiser they have to do this year. The money is used for buying props for the show and food for the band members at competitions. It looks like there will be 4 competitions. I'm excited to watch the marching band this year especially with Garrett in it!

Anyway, we relaxed and showered after getting home from that and then my parents came over to play some games with us and to meet Alex, at Nikki's request. They think he's a nice boy and were happy to meet him. We had a good time playing and then before mom and dad left Curtis invited them to come over again the next day for the 4th of July and fireworks. They came with grandma this time and showed up around 6pm or so. We played games for several hours before going outside to light our own fireworks and enjoy the neighbor's fireworks all around us. We were out there for 3 hours! It was a great 4th of July and we were glad to be able to sleep in the next day. Curtis had the day off on Monday since the 4th was on Sunday.

Waiting for it to get dark enough for fireworks. Sipping on some soda pop in the meantime.



Nikki was begging to watch fireworks from the roof this year with Alex. I can't blame her. It would be a good spot to view from with fireworks going off all around us.


















1 comment:

Laverne said...

It was a great 4th!! Thanks for inviting us!