Saturday, July 10, 2021

Softball and T-ball in the Heat

 Charlotte and Alice are having fun playing softball and t-ball this summer, even in the heat! My friend Ashlie found Charlotte her own purple and black bat and glove at a yard sale last month. Just yesterday I also found a pink bat and two t-ball stands for Alice. The two stands were being sold together so I just took them both. I figured the girls could both use one at the same time this way if Charlotte doesn't have anyone to pitch for her. That's been a struggle for her this year is learning how to hit the ball from a pitch instead of off the tee. The mother inside me feels like crying for her whenever she tries and tries but ends up striking out, even after like 20 pitches. The nice thing about this league is that they aren't keeping score. They are just trying to teach the kids the game and have fun. So that's why she had so many pitches during a game. The coach really wanted her to be able to hit it. Thankfully it doesn't bother her too much, at least not that I can tell. Charlotte is loving playing softball. Alice I think likes it but is not quite as excited as Charlotte. I just wish it wasn't so hot for them to play in. Fortunately we are finding ways to get shade. A couple of times they moved our game to a different field that had shade where the first one didn't so that was nice. 

I had a small dilemma of deciding what to do for the girls professional team pictures this year because Charlotte's team decided they didn't want to hassle with it and that the coach knew someone that could take pictures for their team. I didn't want to purchase professional for one and not the other so I took my own pictures of Alice and her team. Charlotte's team hasn't done their pictures yet but they better hurry because next week is the last week. I actually LOVE how this picture of Alice turned out. I think it's better than what the professional would have gotten. I was basically using the same background since the professional was just down a little ways doing individuals for the rest of the team. I was able to get some shots of the team as well but unfortunately they were all looking at the professional photographer, not me. Oh well. I am happy to at least have this really cute shot.


Alice's team


Here are some pictures of the girls in action. They have been playing games every Monday and Wednesday for the past 3 weeks. Next week will be their last week of games. It has been fun to watch them. I just hope the weather is cooler next year if they decide to do it again. 







1 comment:

Laverne said...

What an ADORABLE picture of Alice!! She's so petite! LOVE IT!!